MOOD BOARD...CLASSIC YET CURRENT
So what defines a kitchen as "classic"? The word classic best describes design that is timeless in nature and can with stand any of the changes in design trends. Often these spaces begin with white, off white, or light grey cabinetry because it is the most neutral base. You will also find warm wood tones and simple architectural details.
The space above showcases all of these concepts throughout the space, from the vintage, yet updated, school house lighting, to the simple shaker style inset cabinetry. All of the remaining fixtures follow this same principle. The finish is polished chrome throughout which never seems to go out of style and offers a touch of brillance and shine to the space.
The other defining element of a "classic" kitchen is how easily it can be transformed by changing small details. By making changes to accessories like hardware and plumbing fixtures you could take this space from feeling more vintage to more contemporary, as seen in the space below.
The best part about a "classic" kitchen is that you have created a wonderful base to let your true style and personality shine.
Get either of the looks above with The Knobbery...
- 183TK729PC Cabinet icebox latch in polished chrome
- 183M270 Round knob 1-1/4" polished chrome
- 2361115-PC Bin pull front mount polished chrome
- 183M839-12 Appliance handle barrel style 12" ctc polished chrome
- RHU.4741-2-PC Single handle vintage spout faucet polished chrome
- 229CFC308-ORB Handle forged 3"ctc oil rubbed bronze